“We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one.”
- I don’t remember when I first came across this quote. It’s one of those where you need to be in the right headspace for it to resonate otherwise you’ll just roll your eyes and skip by it.
- I’ve been trying to think more about what this quote means and how to apply it. I don’t have a good answer yet but here are some posts I’ve found of other folks giving their thoughts on it:
- When The Journey Of Your Youth Is Over, A Different And More Important Calling Beckons
- We have two lives; the second begins when we realise we only have one.
- I think to me it really means, we often delay things in life thinking we have unlimited time, but we don’t. We only have this one life. We need to stop thinking we can keep putting things off until after X is done. Or that when Y finally happens then I can start being happy.